Recently Little Captain started to watch Thomas and friends. I never watched it as a child so maybe I can say we started to watch Thomas. As Little Captain enjoyed the series a lot, we threw him a Thomas birthday party… but back to Thomas. There are a few interesting things that caught my attention as I read up on Thomas and friends. Join me to find few fun facts about Thomas and Friends; and to learn some valuable lessons from them.
Five fun facts about Thomas and Friends:
- Its name was Thomas the tank engine and friends when it started.
- The first season aired on television in 1984.
- The first narrator was Ringo Starr.
- It is based on The Railway Series books by Rev. W. Awdry.
- Sodor is a fictional island in the Irish sea, just off the Isle of Mann and England’s Lake District.
Although I don’t like the labeling of Sir Topham Hatt as the “Fat Controller”, I enjoy watching Thomas and Friends with Little Captain as the stories are innocent and clean. There is some good lessons that can be learned from the stories.
Lessons learned from Thomas and Friends:
- You can be useful even if you are small.
- Teamwork is very important and many things are possible if you work together as a team.
- Listen to instructions before you start a task.
- Be nice to others.
- Don’t spread rumors if you don’t know the whole story… maybe just don’t spread stories.
So this is my fun facts and lessons learned from Thomas.
What is your child’s favorite television program? What lessons can we learn from it?