I searched for some definitions of the word friend:
- “Someone who is happy to spend time with you doing absolutely nothing at all” – Urban Dictionary.
- “Person attached to another by feeling of affection or personal regards” – Dictionary.com
- “A person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection” – Oxford Dictionary.
- “Someone who is on your side” – Yourdictionary.com.
- “Someone who you know well and like” – Collins English Dictionary.
You don’t have to agree with all of the definitions, but there should be at least one with which you can relate.
As I said we are blessed with many great friends, people who know us well and still put in effort to visit us. People that understand what we went through, because they went through it with us. Friends that stick with us through thick and thin.
Back to the party. It was a fun day that we spent with our friends. The children running around, playing, swimming, laughing… is there a more beautiful sound than children laughing together?
I guess this post is to honor our friends; to thank them for all our memories together, for their input in our lives, and for their support and love.