These days it is so easy to complain about everything. I have to admit that with all the corruption and crime going on in our beautiful country there is a time and place to be realistic and look at the facts, but there is also a time to be quiet and focus on the positive things.
Here is my list of 10 good things about South Africa:
- South Africa is a beautiful country. You only need one road trip to experience the beauty of our country. Our breathtaking sunsets are not limited to the beach only when you are on holiday (although that is a very special time of the day when we are on holiday). If you take a moment it will be visible on most days, in any combination of from purple, pink, red, orange and yellow. The sky host millions of stars, visible on a clear, dark night.
- There is a diverse variety of ecosystems, animals and plants. Our country offers anything from deserts, forests, mountains and oceans. It houses many birds, mammals, fish and insects.
- South Africa holds a rich variety of culture. I believe every culture adds some color to the canvas, and that we need to learn from one another.
- We have sunshine every day. Except for a possible heatwave in the summer, I can’t complain about our weather.
- Biltong and barbecue. Need I say more?
- Good friends. What is good food without good friends?
- Family. They say home is where the heart is, I want to add that heart is where your family is. This is our support system where we encourage and help one another. This is part of the village that raises my children.
- Freedom of speech. …well, at this moment.
- Freedom of religion. This is very important to me. I can read my Bible and worship God without being persecuted.
- Hope. I have to end off by saying I believe there is always hope.